What is a "mommy makeover?"
"Mommy makeover" is a term that is used to describe a combination of procedures performed to restore "Mommy" to her pre-child physical appearance. This has traditionally included a breast procedure (most commonly augmentation or augmentation/lift) in combination with an abdominoplasty (tummy-tuck). Exciting recent advances in technology now permit a woman to achieve a more "complete" return to her pre-child body - the addition of a painless method of vaginal rejuvenation.
General information about breast augmentation
Dr. Rock is a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon in Houston, TX, experienced in breast augmentation using both NatrelleTM and Mentor saline and silicone gel breast implants. Skilled in performing "dual plane" breast augmentation, Dr. Rock is able to offer his patients improved post-operative breast contour. "Dual plane" augmentation also eliminates the need for a breast lift (mastopexy) in many patients who would otherwise require a lift at the time of augmentation.
Breast augmentation is one of the most common cosmetic surgical procedures performed today. Proper planning before surgery (implant size, style and type, surgical approach, implant position) is critical to obtaining the result you desire in a safe and reliable manner.
- Purpose: To increase breast size (or restore lost volume)
- Length of surgery: about 1 hour (outpatient)
- Anesthesia: General
- Incisions utilized: Around the areola (peri-areolar), in the fold under the breast (inframammary), or under the arm (transaxillary). The implant manufacturers advise against the transumbilical ("belly button") approach, and it is not offered as an option.
- Implant location: Subglandular (under the breast tissue), Subpectoral (under the muscle), "Dual plane" (combination of subglandular and subpectoral)
- Implants utilized: Natrelle"TM Saline or Cohesive Silicone gel
- Recovery: Back to work in a few days. No strenuous activity for a few weeks.
For more detailed information on breast augmentation, click here
General information about abdominoplasty:
Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is a procedure designed to address loose abdominal skin and fat, as well as to tighten the underlying abdominal muscles. You are potentially a candidate for this procedure if you have lost weight, resulting in loose abdominal skin and fat. Women are frequently a candidate after pregnancy.
- Purpose: To remove excess hanging skin and fat and tighten the abdominal muscles, resulting in a flatter, firmer abdomen
- Types of abdominoplasty:
- mini - addresses the abdomen below< the umbilicus, and is frequently combined with liposuction above the umbilicus
- full - addresses the entire abdomen, from the sternum (breast bone) down to the pubis
- Incision: Abdominoplasty incisions are placed near the pubis (below the bikiniline), with the length of the incision depending on the amount of skin that needs to be removed
- Length of surgery: 2 1/2 - 4 hours (mini - outpatient, full either outpatient or an overnight hospital stay)
- Anesthesia: General
- Recovery: Most activities can be resumed within a few weeks, while strenuous exercise will take longer, and will depend upon the extent of the procedure.
General information about painless vaginal rejuvenation - ThermiVa
- Purpose: ThermiVa treatments use radiofrequency energy to gently heat tissue to rejuvenate collagen, without any discomfort or downtime. Thermal energy is delivered to the desired areas – external (labia) and/or internal (vaginal), to externally improve labial appearance and internally achieve vaginal tightening and improvement in mild stress incontinence (leaking of small amounts of urine with physical activity).
- Length of procedure: Each treatment takes approximately 30 minutes. Three treatments are usually performed one month apart, though some patients achieve their goals after only one or two treatments.
- Anesthesia: None (the procedure is painless)
- Recovery: None. All activities can be resumed immediately after treatment.
Click here to see ThermVa on The Doctors TV show!